Massage in the workplace: proven effectiveness in reducing stress and absenteeism
Health professionals, business observers, workers and managers all agree: today's world of work is very different from that of previous decades.
New technologies have increased the intensity of work in all developed countries, and management has become overly focused on performance, which has had an impact on the well-being of workers.
In the current context of health crisis, inflation and international conflicts, the pressure on workers is even higher, and employers are urged to find solutions to improve the well-being and quality of work life of their employees. The key is to reduce absenteeism, maintain productivity and retain talent.
So, how can we improve employees' mind-body experience to allow them to self-regulate before they reach the red zone of exceeding their limits?
The good news is that there are proven solutions to do just that.
Massage therapy for employees, with clear results
In a situation of overwork, the body sends out alarm signals to indicate that it is in trouble. It is then urgent to rebalance the person's psycho-corporal scheme. This is the role of massage therapy. Practiced in companies, it brings employees a step back from stressful situations, relaxation and greater muscular flexibility.
Studies conducted by the Touch Research Institute of the University of Miami and the University of California have clearly demonstrated the benefits of massage therapy in the workplace :
- Decreased chronic pain by nearly 40%
- 13% increase in back mobility
- 50% decrease in depression symptoms
- 37% decrease in headaches and 35% improvement in sleep quality
In particular, the institute has demonstrated the benefits of Amma Sitting massage in the workplace:
- Decreased absenteeism at work with an average of 2.5 fewer days of sick leave
- 26% increase in electroencephalogram vigilance, leading to greater speed and fewer errors in task completion
- 39% increase in productivity
- 28% decrease in cortisol levels, a hormone associated with stress
Massage in the workplace, simple and easy to organize
Workplace massage sessions are easily integrated into the life of the company:
- Flexible, they adapt to the employees' schedule: 10 to 30 minutes are enough to relieve tension
- They require little space: only 4 m² are necessary
- They are practiced while dressed (or in work clothes), on a table or ergonomic chair brought by the practitioner
The benefits of massage therapy in the workplace are now scientifically proven. They actively participate in maintaining well-being and quality of life in the workplace.
Learn more about massage therapy in the workplace :download our corporate brochure